This tour visits an extraordinary variety of public and private gardens and spectacular natural landscapes of New Zealand’s South Island.
- Led by ABC radio presenter, garden writer and horticulturalist Sabrina Hahn, with the assistance of botanical artist Craig Lidgerwood, this tour visits an extraordinary variety of public and private gardens and spectacular natural landscapes of New Zealand’s South Island.
- Explore the beautiful Malborough Region, famous for its traditional gardens and viticulture. Enjoy the hospitality of the garden owners at the MacFarlane’s magical Winterhome garden, Huguette Michel’s Hortensia and Carolyn Ferraby’s Barewood Gardens.
- Visit 5 gardens classified as Gardens of International Significance: Sir Miles Warren’s private garden, Ohinetahi (Christchurch), Flaxmere Garden (North Canterbury), Larnach Castle Gardens (Dunedin) and the Dunedin Botanic Garden.
- By special appointment view Broadfields NZ Landscape Garden designed by Robert Watson in Christchurch and Maple Glen Gardens in Eastern Southland.
- Travel the rugged west coast and visit Fox Glacier and Mount Cook on the journey south through Westland National Park.
- Spend 2 nights at the Lake Moeraki Wildnerness Lodge, in the heart of Te Wahipounamu World Heritage Area where local experts. will take you though the rainforest into the habitats of glow-worms, Morepork Owls, fur seals and Fiordland Crested Penguins.
- Travel through the Fiordland National Park encompassing mountain, lake, fiord and rainforest environments.
- Enjoy a relaxing cruise of Milford Sound, described by Rudyard Kipling as the ‘8th wonder of the world’.
- Explore The Catlins featuring spectacular coastal scenery, dense temperature rainforest and many endangered species of birds and mammals. At Curio Bay visit one of the most extensive and least disturbed examples of a Jurassic fossil forest in the world.
- While based in Dunedin tour the Otago Peninsula, view the only mainland breeding colony of Royal Albatross in the world.
- Visit Riverstone Kitchen, named Supreme Winner in the Cuisine New Zealand Restaurant of the Year Awards in 2010, and explore its vegetable gardens and orchard.
- Visit the spectacular Mackenzie Region ringed by snow-capped mountains and featuring turquoise-blue lakes. The region has been recognised as an International Dark Sky Reserve, the largest in the world; discover the magic of our southern skies during a tour of the University of Canterbury Mt John Observatory.
For more information or if you wish to book please contact Australians Studying Abroad
T +61(0)3 9822 6899 E firstname.lastname@example.org