Limited Places Remaining
I join Stephen Ryan for 5 days, during this exciting tour of some of WA’s best wineries, gardens and natural landscapes during the state’s famed wildflower season. I will be on the tour when we visit Albany, the Porongurup National Park, Fitzgerald River National Park during the wildflower season. Around 11,000 flora species are found in WA and over 75% are found in the south-west, one of the world’s top 10 biodiversity hotspots.
- Spend time at the Ravensthorpe Wildflower Show and visit the herbarium which holds over 3000 botanical specimens.
- In the Margaret River region visit Pat Poynton’s Secret Garden designed by Melbourne master Paul Bangay, and also Bill Mitchell’s award-winning garden.
- Delight in a 3-Course wine paired lunch at Voyager Estate’s award-wining Restaurant with its stunning Cape Dutch architecture and gardens inspired by the Cape Dutch farmsteads of South-Africa, located within James Halliday’s ‘golden triangle’ of Margaret River’s wine region.
- Journey by 4WD to view the giant karri forests in Warren National Park and the Yeagarup Dunes, the largest land-locked mobile dune system in the southern hemisphere. Here, witness coastal heath resembling ancient flora and many beautiful wildflowers in season.
- Take the Tree Top Walk in the Valley of the Giants and enjoy a cruise with a local expert to explore the biodiversity of the Walpole Wilderness.
- Visit Albany’s Regional Wildflower Garden and the natural geological features of Torndirrup National Park that include The Gap, Natural Bridge and Blowholes.
- Explore Cypress Farm, the home of Professor Kingsley Dixon – Foundation Director of Science at Kings Park and Botanic Garden.
- Enjoy a behind-the-scenes tour of Kings Park International Park Breeding Program hosted by Senior Plant Breeder, Digby Growns.
- Conclude with private visits to the home gardens of Sabrina Hahn and Deryn Thorpe, who is an award-winning garden journalist and founder of Open Gardens WA
For more information or if you wish to book please contact Australians Studying Abroad
T +61(0)3 9822 6899 E email@example.com
Images: Top – Bill Mitchell’s Garden, Yallingup, Western Australia, 1. Secret Garden, Margaret River The Secret Garden was designed by Melbourne master Paul Bangay, 2. Wildflowers, Fitzgerald National Park, Western Australia By Holly Randell from Wikimedia Commons, 3. View from Mount Trio, Stirling Range, Western Australia. Source: Wikimedia Commons Author: Muriel Bendel. Bottom – Bill Mitchell’s Garden, Yallingup, Western Australia