This exciting tour visits some of WA’s best wineries, gardens and natural landscapes during the state’s famed wildflower season. Around 11,000 flora species are found in WA and over 75% are found in the south-west, one of the world’s top 10 biodiversity hotspots.
- Visit Albany, the Porongurup National Park and Fitzgerald River National Park; around 11,000 flora species are found in WA and over 75% are found in the south-west, one of the world’s top 10 biodiversity hotspots.
- Spend time at the Ravensthorpe Wildflower Show and visit the herbarium which holds over 3000 botanical specimens.
- In the Margaret River region visit Pat Poynton’s Secret Garden designed by Melbourne master Paul Bangay, and also Bill Mitchell‘s award-winning garden.
- Delight in a 3-Course wine paired lunch at Voyager Estate’s award-wining restaurant with its stunning Cape Dutch architecture and gardens inspired by the Cape Dutch farmsteads of South-Africa, located within James Halliday’s ‘golden triangle’ of Margaret River’s wine region.
- Journey by 4WD to view the giant karri forests in Warren National Park and the Yeagarup Dunes, the largest land-locked mobile dune system in the southern hemisphere. Here, witness coastal heath resembling ancient flora and many beautiful wildflowers in season.
- Take the Tree Top Walk in the Valley of the Giants and enjoy a cruise with a local expert to explore the biodiversity of the Walpole Wilderness.
- Enjoy a riverboat cruise of Oyster Harbour and the Kalgan River: learn about Aboriginal history, the exploration by early seafarers and settlers, and the diversity of flora and fauna.
- View the natural geological features of Torndirrup National Park; we walk to the lookouts at both The Gap and Natural Bridge.
- Explore Cypress Farm, the home of Professor Kingsley Dixon – Foundation Director of Science at Kings Park and Botanic Garden.
- Enjoy a behind-the-scenes tour of Kings Park International Park Breeding Program hosted by Senior Plant Breeder, Digby Growns.
- Visit the private garden of John Banasiewicz, president of the Western Australian Fern Society, which is a magnificent demonstration of his passions for plant collection.
For more information or if you wish to book please contact Australians Studying Abroad
T +61(0)3 9822 6899 E email@example.com
Images: Top – Bill Mitchell’s Garden, Yallingup, Western Australia, 1. View from Mount Trio, Stirling Range, Western Australia. Source: Wikimedia Commons Author: Muriel Bendel. 2. Wildflowers, Fitzgerald National Park, Western Australia By Holly Randell from Wikimedia Commons, 3. Secret Garden, Margaret River The Secret Garden was designed by Melbourne master Paul Bangay,4&5. Bill Mitchell’s Garden, Yallingup, Western Australia